Saturday, August 27, 2011

Algerian Coffee Shop in Soho


On my way to buy a guitar from Denmark Street... I popped into the Algerian Coffee Store in Soho on the way... Any coffee lover would know this well established coffee store... I ordered a cappuccino and their daily coffee was a Rossa Formula, which was a Brasilian blend... the cappuccino was delightful.... perfect temperature and a lovely flavour... clearly I was going to buy a few blends to take home and drink... Two particular blends caught my eyes and buds... one was called Arabic with clove, cinnamon and cardamom and the second was called Viennese with fig! The Arabic blend is typical of the region... It is quite typical to drink coffee with cardamom in an Arabic country and I felt clove and cinnamon would heighten the taste even further... while the Viennese with figs... well, I have a weakness for figs and there sweetness would be ideal... Coffee, spices and fruits!

The Arabic with spices was a blend of Colombian and Ethiopian... while the Viennese was solely an Ethiopian blend... both the store's brainchild... They smelled sensational, so I will keep you informed once I've made a pot!

No comments: